My setup 💻️
Laptop (personal dev related task)
Macbook pro 13" (mid 2012), I upgraded it with 8Go of RAM and an SSD to give it a second life (and it's way cheaper than buying a new one).
I updated my gaming computer last year with a MSI RTX 2080 Ti, an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and 32Go of RAM.
I have a 27" 1440p 144hz gaming screen (BenQ XL2730z) and a 32" 4K screen for dev and multimedia purposes BenQ PD322U.
Keyboard & Mouse
I have multiple keyboards, at home I mainly use a Massdrop CTRL, but I also have a WASD keyboard laying around.
For gaming purposes I have a Steelseries Rival 310, but for my Macbook I have a Magic Trackpad 2.
I also have a NovelKeys Laser Desk/Mouse Mat where I can put both my keyboard and mouse.
You can find more information by browsing my dotfiles.
I'm on MacOS Catalina.
I've been using VS Code it came out. I've used PHP Storm a bit, but I prefer the speed and lightness of a text exitor.
I'm using iTerm2 with the Night Owl color scheme. I use zsh with Oh-My-ZSH to customise it easily.
I have PHP and Node installed on my machine, but everything else (MySQL, redis, Maildev, ...) is running inside Docker containers.
Other app/software I use
- Rectangle, a window manager.
- F.lux to manage my screen warmth (reducing blue light).
- 1Password, my password amanger of choice.
- Figma, a design tool.
- Numi, a powerful calculator that can also calculate date range.
- Spotify, for music (duh).
- Insomnia, a API testing tool.
- Alfred, a "productivity app".
- Sequel Pro, a sql client.