My setup 💻️
Laptop (dev related task)
Macbook pro 13" (mid 2012), I upgraded it with 8Go of RAM and an SSD to give it a second life (and it's way cheaper than buying a new one).
I built a gaming computer 2 years ago with 2x MSI GTX 970, i5 6600K and 8Go of RAM.
I have 2 gaming screens a BenQ XL2730z and a BenQ XL2410t.
When using my macbook I plug my 27" screen to it and use it as only screen.
Keyboard & Mouse
I have multiple keyboards, at home I mainly use a Massdrop CTRL, but I also have a WASD keyboard laying around.
For gaming purposes I have a Steelseries Sensei [RAW], but for my Macbook I have a Magic Trackpad 2.
I also have a huge "Heroes of the Storm" mousepad where I can put both my keybaord and mouse.
You can find more information by browsing my dotfiles.
I was on Sierra and when I upgrade my laptop I made the switch to Mojave.
I've been using VS Code it came out. I've used PHP Storm a bit, but I prefer the speed and lightness of a text exitor.
I'm using iTerm2 with the Ocean Dark color scheme. I use zsh with Oh-My-ZSH to customise it easily.
I have PHP and Node installed on my machine, but everything else (MySQL, redis, Maildev, ...) is running inside Docker containers.
Other app/software I use
- Spectable, a window manager.
- F.lux to manage my screen warmth (reducing blue light).
- Encrypto create secure, password protected encrypted files.
- 1Password, my password amanger of choice.
- Cyberduck, a free (s)ftp client.
- Figma, a design tool.
- Numi, a powerful calculator that can also calculate date range.
- Bear, a markdown note taking app
- Spotify, for music (duh).
- Insomnia, a API testing tool.
- Alfred, a "productivity app".
- Sequel Pro, (the best) sql client.
- Grammarly, grammar (and typo) correction tool.